With Hager’s permission, we recently uploaded a series of videos on our youtube account with different tips on installing the Hager Consumer Units – especially the Domestic Consumer Units from Hager. You can read more about these fittings via the Consumer Units section of articles. The video below explains step by step how would a qualified electrician install a Hager Flush Consumer Unit in a studwall partition.
Hager Flush Consumer Unit – Studwall Partition Installation Guide
Here is a list of what actions are being described in the video presentation above – installing a Hager Flush Consumer Unit:
- Select the cable entry option required;
- Feed in the cables;
- The units unique FastFit feature allows fixing to a stud wall without the need for fixings;
- Screw in the consumer unit to the stud wall and make sure it is solidly fixed to the wall;
- The integrated spirit level makes fixing easy – make sure the consumer unit is according to the level;
- To fit a MCB, ensure the terminal cage is fully open, pull the clip all the way out;
- The MCB fits into the unit easily and click din clip into place;
- After fitting the MCB breakers, make sure they are fixed into the consumer unit by screwing them in;
- After all this, put on the cover – the cover fits easily with quarter turn fixing;
- Gently screw the plastic screws of the cover in for fixing.