We have previously introduced Varilight and the ranges of switches and sockets they manufacture, and so this article is meant mainly to continue to present this amazing range of Varilight remote and touch control dimmers / dimmerswitches. The Varilight Dimmers are actually designed to control all the incandescent lighting circuits, including the low voltage transformer circuits(for obtaining the best results with Low Voltage Lighting, it is recommended that you would use the Varilight Low Voltage Transformers). Read more below about the Varilight Remote & Touch Control Dimmers – the features, and the Varilight IDS range + the Varilight IQP range.
- Ideal for mains or low voltage circuits including ‘trailing edge’ transformers;
- Revolutionary dimming from multiple locations;
- Can be controlled with most domestic infra-red handsets, TV, Hi-Fi, Video etc;
- Dramatically improved lamp life- particularly with costly mains halogen lamps and candle lamps;
- Zero risk of damage to dimmer should a lamp fail with a short circuit ( more common with mains halogen lamps and candle lamps);
- Improved software enables zonal lighting schemes with use of Varilight 8 button handset;
- Soft start gently brings lighting to the desired level and extends lamp life;
- A revolutionary new range of touch and remote control dimmer switches;
- A touch sensitive button in the centre of the plate and a tiny lens in the centre of the button so as to not spoil the overall look of the product;
- You can dim the lights using touch control or remotely;
- The master dimmer switches are one way but can be used in conjunction with slave units in a multi-way circuit (including intermediate and 2 way) so that the lights can be dimmed from more than one location;
- In this type of circuit you should use one master dimmer and any number of slave units with three wires directly connecting each switch (as is usual in a 2 way circuit);
- The low-priced slave units are not dimmer switches and cannot be used on their own without a master dimmer;
- Using trailing edge technology, they can be used for mains or low voltage lighting;
- Note: the remote control sold seperately;
- In learning mode, it can be taught any button of most existing infra-red remote controllers (Full clear instructions with diagrams are included with the product).
- The Varilight IDS range is a remote control / Touch Dimmers for GLS, GU10 and Electronic LV Transformers including Trailing Edge;
- Dimmers can be programmed to receive any button of most remote controllers or our own 8 button controller. YRC8;
- Soft Start, Automatic Overload Protection, New European Safety Standard (BSEN 60669-1-2);
- These are 1 way dimmers but can be used on multi-way circuits if used with slaves;
- Models available:
– single, double or triple 400W 1-Way Remote Control Dimmer;
– single or double 600W 1-Way Remote Control Dimmer;
– 2 or 4 x 250W 1-Way Remote Control Dimmer;
– single or double Gang Slave for Remote Control/Touch Dimmer;
- Note: 3 and 4 gang Dimming Slaves (and any combination of masters and slaves) are available to special order.
- Examples below:
Left: Varilight 1 Gang Brushed Steel Ultra Slim Touch Slave Unit – The Varilight IDSS001S;
Right: Varilight 2 Gang Brushed Steel Ultra Slim Touch Slave Unit – The Varilight IDSS002S.
- The Varilight IQP range is composed of dimmerswitches suitable for GLS Lamps, GU10 Lamps and LV Transformers
- Soft Start, Automatic Overload Protection, New European Safety Standard (BSEN 60669-1-2)
- Models available:
– single dimmers 300W / 400W / 500W 2-Way Push-on Push-off IQ Dimmer;
– 2 x 300W 2-Way Push-on Push-off IQ Dimmer – the Varilight iQP302*;
– 3 x 300W 2-Way Push-on Push-off IQ Dimmer (Twin Plate) – the Varilight iQP303*;
– 4 x 300W 2-Way Push-on Push-off IQ Dimmer (Twin Plate) – the Varilight iQP304*;
- Example: Varilight White 400W 1 Gang 2-Way Push-On/Push Off Intelligent Dimmer Switch – the Varilight IQP401W.
We will post soon another article with more of the ranges of the Varilight Remote and Touch Control Dimmers found in their offer and also on our website. To purchase these intelligent dimmers, visit the Dimmers and Dimming Systems section, and select the Varilight Dimmers.