First of all, you need to draw a sketch of the installation that shows the element layout, cold leads and connections, junction box, sensor and thermostat. Keep the sketch for future reference, as knowing the exact locations of these components makes troubleshooting and repair easier if ever needed. Once the heating system has been laid take a photo for future reference. Who said installing a heating system under the floor couldn’t be fun?
6 simple steps to a simple installation of the DEVImat DTIR
- Cut a groove into the floor and wall 10mm deep and 10mm wide for the floor sensor and tube. The tube allows for easy removal of the floor sensor if required.
- Ensure the subfloor is level, secure, smooth, dry and clean.
- Start laying the mat. When you reach the end of the mat run simply cut the mesh and turn the mat. The red cable must NOT be cut.
- The element needs to be a min of 30mm away from conductive parts e.g. water pipes.
- Regularly measure ohmic resistance and insulation resistance during installation.
- Cover with one layer of self levelling compound if needed, and allow to dry before tiling.
Read more about the new DEVImat DTIR system for underfloor heating – and purchase these mats for under concrete floor / under wooden floor heating at SparksDirect. This guide was taken from the Danfoss Guide to Installing the DEVImat DTIR.