We have recently added some of the MK Masterseal Plus wiring devices at the Outdoor Switches and Sockets section. According to their Technical Specs for this range, the MK Masterseal Plus has been specifically developed for use in both outdoor and indoor environments, and where wiring devices and accessories would be at risk from penetration by dust or water.
With a rating of IP66, the MK Masterseal Plus range of outdoor wiring devices offers total protection against dust, and is protected against high pressure jets of water from any direction. Also, the Masterseal Plus sockets can seal around virtually any standard 13A plug – including moulded plugs – allowing safe connection for any appliance.
An improved catch eases the opening and closing of the lid, whilst ensuring the integrity of the seal. The seal is fixed to the mounting frame of the product, enabling rapid installation, and removing the risk of error when placing a floating gasket. The Masterseal Plus range from MK Electric extends to over 90 product variations as the new enclosures house selected products from the Logic Plus portfolio – thus offering all the benefits of the Logic Plus range within the new Masterseal Plus enclosures[on the left: the MK K56480GRY – 1 Gang 13A unswitched IP66 Grey Socket]
As for its usage and siting, the MK Masterseal Plus devices are perfectly suited to a range of indoor and outdoor applications including factories, laboratories, swimming pools, commercial kitchens, industrial units, warehouses, clean rooms and more.
MK Masterseal Plus Features and Benefits
- The High IP Rating, IP66 rated devices – Masterseal Plus offers total dust ingress protection, and is protected against high-pressure water jets from any direction.
- Robust Construction and Temperature Tolerant – the MK Masterseal Plus devices will not discolour, crack or fade in UV light (unlike many other plastics), and will maintain operation in extremes of heat and cold.
- Impact and Environmental Protection – the Masterseal Plus enclosures are made from recycled polycarbonate, one of the toughest thermoplastics available – incidentally also used in products such as motorcycle helmets. The raw materials are actually waste material collected from other manufacturing plants. This not only diverts material otherwise destined for landfill, but also prevents an equivalent amount of virgin material being produced along with the associated savings in energy, providing a significant reduction in carbon footprints.
- The Widest Range of Outdoor Wiring Devices – The Masterseal Plus range extends to over 90 product variants. The new enclosures house any product from the Logic Plus range, and enclosures and switches are available in Grey, White and Black.
- Lifetime warranty: 20 Year Guarantee – The Masterseal Plus range of exterior devices is guaranteed for an industry-leading 20 years(in general it is 10 years for electronic products)
The MK Masterseal Plus range – some of the items in this range are:
- Twin Socket, Unswitched 13A 2 Gang IP66 Grey Socket, MK K56481GRY;
- Key Operated Socket, 1 Gang 13A Key Operated IP66 Grey Socket, MK K56487GRY;
- 1 Gang 13A Switched IP66 Grey Socket, MK K56486GRY;
- Timer Socket, 1 Gang 13A timer IP66 Grey Socket, MK K56485GRY;
- Twin Socket RCD Active, 2 Gang 13A 30mA RCD grey socket, IP66 MK K56231GRY;