The SPIR-F from CP Electronics is a PIR presence detector with time delay function. The SPIR-F series of presence detector switches from CP Electronics are designed to provide automatic control of lighting, heating or ventilation loads. They detect movement using a PIR sensor and turn the load on. When an area is no longer occupied the load will switch off after an adjustable time out period. An optional internal light sensor provides additional energy saving in lighting applications (SPIR-LSF). When an area is occupied lighting is only switched on when the level of natural light is below a preset level.
When the unit is first powered up the PIR sensor will always detect immediately regardless of whether the room is occupied. A selectable power up delay allows the installer to choose whether the load comes on immediately when the unit is powered up or is kept off for a small time (about 40 seconds) to allow the sensor to settle.
The CP Electronics SPIR-F Technical Specifications
- The Load the SPIR-F from CP Electronics can take:
– 16 Amp resistive load;
– 10 Amp incandescent lighting;
– 6 Amp fluorescent lighting;
– 3 Amp compact fluorescent lighting;
– 3 Amp low energy lighting;
– 3 Amp low voltage lighting (switch primary of transformer);
– Fluorescent lighting (max 6 fittings recommended);
– For fluorescent lighting total power factor correction capacitance must not exceed 40microF;
– 3 Amp fans and ventilation equipment;
– Switch SON lighting loads via a contactor;
- Mains voltage: 220-240 Volts AC 50 Hz;
- Time out period: Adjustable 10 seconds to 60 minutes in two ranges;
- Light level: Optional adjustment by thumbwheel light to dark;
- Fixing Method: Surface fixing 25mm deep plastic surface mount moulded box. Flush fixing 25mm steel wall box or 32mm deep cavity wall box;
- Suitable for the control of lighting, heating, and the control of ventilation;
- Terminal Capacity: 4.0mm2;
- Material: Flame retardant ABS;
- Class 2 electrical rated;
- Temperature: -10°C to 35°C;
- Conformity: EMC-89/336/EEC, LVD-73/23/EEC.
- The SPIR range of rugged presence detectors are easy to install onto a single gang standard switch box;
- The CP Electronics SPIR range of Presence Detectors:
– the CP Electronics SPIR-F – A simple presence detector ideal for the automatic switching of washroom extractor fans.
– the CP Electronics SPIR-LSF – This light detector option provides additional energy saving in lighting applications by using lux level sensing.
– the CP Electronics SPIR-FVF – This version is a voltage free contact option and suitable for use with BMS and control applications.
- Buy online the CP Electronics SPIR-F simple presence detector for indoors.
Interested in more CP Electronics Energy Saving Solutions? Read more about:
- The Presence Detectors & the Absence Detectors explained, energy saving;
- Energy saving switching/dimming presence detector types, lighting control;
- The CP Electronics Timers: time lag switches, multi range timers, DIN rail;
- The EllipseW push button time lag switch from CP Electronics, energy saving;
- The CP Electronics RBT2 – the IHT16A Adjustable Boost Timer Delay Switch;