A major requirement for all high street shops is that they should have reliable heating systems – and warm air curtains help with this. This will maintain a comfortable working environment for the staff and will provide a warm welcome for customers.
Occasionally, there is also a need to protect stock against the negative effect of cold temperatures. For instance in a supermarket it is imperative that certain areas of the store remain at the correct temperature so the food doesn’t spoil.
In the cases of shops and small rooms, wall and floor space are at a premium – meaning it is always in use. So the preferred location for heaters is wall-mounted at a high level or on the ceiling.
BN Thermic has been providing quality overhead heating for decades now to a wide variety of property types.
In this article, Sparks will look at the best options for small shops and showrooms when it comes to heating their premises.
Why overhead heaters are the perfect solution for commercial premises
High level, wall-mounted heaters are commonly used for space heating in many smaller shops.
However, in order to allow for the free use of wall space and to provide improved heat distribution, larger shops will require ceiling-mounted heaters.
In venues or shops where a suspended ceiling has been installed, a range BN Thermic heaters are available to fit directly into a 600mm x 600mm grid pattern.
These heaters provide a pleasant welcome to customers and a concentrated boost to the air temperature. This offsets the heat loss associated with ‘open door’ policies for stores.
Sparks sell a range of BN Thermic overhead heaters, which would be a smart purchase for shop owners or showroom managers.
The 4.5kW ‘Egg Crate’ overhead heater will prove to be an excellent addition to any commercial property. Your customers will be delighted as they stroll under its comfortable heat output and warm airflow.
Air curtains: an overhead heating solution for all seasons
Air curtains are an overhead heating option that will satisfy the needs of shop or showroom owners.
They are mounted above doorways and produce a high-velocity air stream that creates an ‘invisible barrier’ between indoor and outdoor climates.
Air curtains will help reduce heating costs in winter and air conditioning costs in summer, without reducing foot traffic.
In cooler conditions, the ‘chill factor’ linked with high-velocity air streams can be troublesome and uncomfortable for customers. Air curtains negate the chill factor with electric heating elements which warm the airstream and contribute to a building’s heating requirements.
Air curtains also have a health benefit, as they reduce the ingress of pollutants and insects.
Sparks have some of BN Thermic‘s excellent warm air curtains in stock. They come in 9kW and 18kW versions, depending on the velocity stream you find most convenient and the size of the door entry (single or double).
Advantages of overhead heating in Retail and Shops
Overhead heaters are perfect for the retail industry, as they provide both cold and warm air to comfort your customers and employees.
Overhead heaters have the following advantages for your business or showroom:
- They put less of a burden on any existing heating systems. This results in less usage, and the improved lifespan and functionality of your current heating system.
- They reduce building running costs. Traditional heating systems in commercial units can be inefficient – this is especially true in large premises.
- Commercial air curtains can keep harmful pollution, chemicals and smells away from your customers, staff and valuable products.
- Using less energy to heat your building will reduce the amount of CO2 emissions produced.
- They increase visibility for customer safety. A closed or obstructed glass door can pose a hazard to staff and customers. This could result in expensive equipment being damaged or customer lawsuits.
- They increase customer comfort. Keeping customers happy is important to all businesses. Cold premises keep customers away and may affect the productivity of your staff. An air curtain will help create a friendly atmosphere and will attract the public – it could also keep them inside for longer.
- Access for the disabled and trolleys. Disabled people and/or customers with trolleys can find opening and closing doors difficult. Commercial air curtains provide great accessibility for members of the public with their open door capabilities.
Overhead heating: the perfect heating solution for your commercial property
Overhead heaters and commercial properties make for a perfect combination. They provide all kinds of advantages as outlined above, and you will be happy to know we sell a variety of them here at Sparks.
Their adaptability to the outdoor environment and subsequent savings would satisfy the needs of any shop owner or showroom manager.
Using a steady stream of air to form a protective barrier, air curtains block out cold weather, pollution, bad smells and insects. This leaves you with a warm and pleasant environment inside.