As specified on our website at the Vacancies page, we are now looking for a person with experience in Electrical Wholesale, for our Sparks & Lights showroom in Archway, North London. This is an ideal job for someone with previous experience in working within an electrical and lighting wholesalers who wants to develop upon their career path in Electrical Wholesaling. As a senior member of the sales counter team, you will be expected to oversee customers’ accounts, be able to source specific goods, collect and process orders taken over the Internet, organize logistics, take orders over the phone and serve on the trade counter.
Working within counter sales, you will take a proactive role in exceeding our customers’ expectations. This is a key role providing the shop with its continued commitment to a high quality service to our customers to ensure all current and future sales opportunities are maximized. Read about what you get when you work for SparksDirect, what are your duties, and what are the attributes we are looking for in a Sales Trade Counter Person.
Previous experience within an electrical wholesaler’s environment is essential.
More details about the Sales Counter job at SparksDirect
- Contract: Permanent (after six month probationary period);
- Salary: Negotiable, subject to experience;
- Hours: 48 hours required across opening times of 8am-5.15pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 2.15pm on Saturdays;
- Holidays: Four weeks annual leave per annum;
- Notice Period: One calendar month (from either party) for first two years after the probationary period;
– In-house training;
– Opportunity to develop further in career;
– Opportunity for increased salary;
– Staff discount;
– Pension option (after probationary period successfully completed).
We are Looking for a Trade Sales Counter Person – The Duties
Your duties will include responsibility for serving on the Trade Counter, answering telephone enquiries, processing Internet orders, sourcing products for customers, dealing with suppliers, logistical duties in dispatching and receiving goods. As we are a small team, you will sometimes have to assist the warehouse staff. It will be necessary to handle stock up to 25 kgs. Other duties will involve Health & Safety, security and customer service. There may be other duties required by management which will be appropriate to the grade, salary and skills of this post.
The Attributes we look for in a Trade Counter Sales person
- Previous experience (at least twelve months) in an electrical wholesalers or equivalent.
- A proven track record in customer services.
- Good standard of education – literate and numerate to GCSE Level or equivalent.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Confidence and outgoing personality.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Enthusiasm, reliability and willingness to work.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to show initiative.
- A full driving license would be beneficial – but is not essential.
If the requirements above do not scare you and you are ready to join our team, send us an email with your Updated CV + a Cover Letter + a recent picture of yourself, and we will contact you(if we also think that you are suitable). Also see online our add on gumtree, where you can reply.