Klik, part of Hager, is a unique secure connection system, simply bringing plug-in convenience and versatility for lighting. It is a unique modular plug and socket interface that provides simultaneous mechanical and electrical connection in one click-in action. The lighting systems, the luminaries, can be plugged in very quickly in absolute safety, without circuit isolation. All the live contacts are inaccessable and the earthing connection is secured. The ingenious design prevents the disconnection of the plug from its socket by any vibration or snatch accidental withdrawals. The strong load grips provide support for lamps and ceiling lights/pendants/luminaries up to 10kg, so all the types and sizes of luminaries can be safely used.
The electrical connection is made by latch contacts perpendicular to the natural load direction, thus eliminating any strain on the contacts. Klik exceeds the relevant British Standard requirements, and enables compliance with IEE Regulations and Safety Regulations.
Sockets – Klik sockets
- the socket outlet module – install whenever required;
- the live contacts are inaccessible;
- contact plane at 90 degrees to load direction.
Plugs – Klik plugs
- earth contact is the first to make, last to break;
- mechanical and electrical connection;
- strong load grips, support up to 10kg;
- one “click-in” action.
Klik Marshalling Boxes – Klik LDS
– Klik LDS can be hung from the ceiling suspension system via drop rod and Caddy Clips.
– The compact dimensions allow for installation in confined ceiling voids. The terminal cover slides of from the front, facilitating KLDS usage in confined spaces.
– LDS can also be fixed directly to the ceiling or the wall, with no. 8 screws.
– Each socket outlet will accept 3 or 4 pin plugs.
– Single or dual switching capability is selected via a copper link. Use of this link will switch all outlets as one circuit or remove it to control two lighting circuits from one LDS unit.
– Moulded parts are manufactured from PC-ABS, which is a low smoke and fume material and provides a halogen-free product.
– A separate terminal block is provided for connection of flexible cords.
– Large barriers between terminals provide improved segregation. Clear circuit and terminal identification process.
In today’s environment, the pressure in all areas of development is to reduce the costs. The introduction of the Klik plug-in connector system for lighting made a significant contribution to the reduction of on-site wiring and maintanance time. When Klik introduced the LDS(Lighting Distribution System), even further time and cost savings were made. Supplied with 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 Klik socket outlets, which accept either Klik lighting 3 pin plugs or Klik AX 4 pin plugs. Klik LDS eliminates thus the need for on-site wiring of individual fittings.
Klik LDS now has the capacity for dual circuit switching. Supplied as a single circuit, simply removing the link converts KLDS into two separate circuits. With the ever increasing demand for the ceiling void, KLDS offers a compact product. Also, to ease installation, the overall weight has been reduced. The addition of a second terminal block improves the electrical connection of flexible conductors such as these supplied with Klik occupancy sensors.
- KLDS4 – 4 outlet lighting distribution box;
- KLDS6 – 6 outlet lighting distribution box;
- KLDS8 – 8 outlet lighting distribution box;
- KLDS10 – 10 outlet lighting distribution box;
- KLDS12 – 12 outlet lighting distribution box;
General features of the Klik Marshalling boxes:
- The Klik Marshalling boxes comply with BS 5733;
- The main terminal capacity: 5 x 4 sq mm;
- Flexible conductor terminal capacity 1 x 1 sq mm;
- All socket outlets are factory connected and tested;
- The main terminals are rated 16 Amps. Each socket outlet is rated 6 Amps. The flexible conductor terminals are rated at 10 Amps.
- The body is aluminium extruded.
- All the plastic is V0 rated.
- The socket outlets accept either Klik lighting(3 pin) plugs, Klik AX (4 pin) plugs and Klik pre-wired leads.
- The cable entries accept 20 mm or can be drilled out to 25 mm;
- The cover screw is self-retained.