The RBT1 run back timer manufactured by CP Electronics (see their presentation page of RBT1 here) is a high output electronic timer which provides control for a wide range of loads. Its powerful 20A output makes it particularly suitable for the control of immersion heaters. Also, the CP Electronics RBT unit allows an appliance to be powered for a set time period which can be adjusted by the user.
The CP Electronics RBT1 Timer Technical Features
- Load taken:
# 20 Amp resistive load (including immersion heaters);
# 6 Amp fluorescent lighting;
# 3 Amp compact fluorescent lighting;
# 3 Amp low energy lighting;
# 3 Amp low voltage lighting (switch primary of transformer);
# Fluorescent lighting (max 6 fittings recommended);
- Supply Voltage: 220-240 Volts AC 50 Hz;
- Energy saving device from CP Electronics;
- An ON/OFF switch allows the user to cancel the timing program whilst a memory remembers the last timing sequence selected;
- Time out period: 15 minutes to 2 hours in 15 minute increments;
- Fixing method:
# Surface fixing 25mm deep plastic surface mount moulded box;
# Flush fixing 25mm steel wall box or 32mm deep cavity wall box;
- Terminal capacity: 4.0mm2;
- A simple display shows the user how much time is left to run;
- Part of the Timers and Thermostats section;
- Material: Flame retardant ABS;
- Class 2 Electrical rated;
- Energy saving device: helping you save the energy;
- Temperature: -10°C to 35°C;
- Suitable for the control of lighting, heating, and ventilation;
- High output run back timer;
- Conformity: EMC-89/336/EEC, LVD-73/23/EEC;
- Full Technical Specs for the RBT1 Run Back Timer(pdf file);
- Buy online the CP Electronics RBT1 high output electronic run back timer.
To operate the RBT1 Run Back Timer, follow these simple steps:
- Press and release the TIME button to select the desired time period. The LED will flash next to the selected time.
- Press the ON/OFF button to start—the LED will stay on next to the selected time.
- As the unit times out the position of the LED will drop down to show how much time is left.
- Pressing the ON/OFF button during timing will turn the unit off.
- At any stage during timing, pressing the TIME button will set a new time period.
- When the unit has turned off, it is not necessary to select the time period again, just press the ON/OFF to repeat the previous time period.