This energy saving device – the CP Electronics MWS3A-PRM – is an adjustable microwave presence / absence detector from CP Electronics. The MWS3APRM microwave detector provides automatic control of lighting loads with optional manual control. It can be used on incandescent, fluorescent and compact fluorescent lighting, and has the added benefit of being able to connect an external switch. The MWS3A-PRM detects movement using a highly sensitive microwave detector. This works by emitting low power microwave signals and measuring the reflections as the signals bounce off moving objects. The MWS3A-PRM microwave presence/absence detector has a unique adjustable sensor head that allows the area of detection to be optimised for the application.
There are two modes of operation available:
- The MWS3A-PRM Presence Detection: When movement is detected by the MWS3APRM presence detector, the load will automatically turn on. When the area is no longer occupied the load will automatically switch off after an adjustable time period. If an external switch is connected, this can override the lights off (after the detection time period has elapsed it will revert to automatic operation). An integral adjustable photocell allows the lights to be kept off if there is sufficient ambient light.
- The MWS3A-PRM Absence Detection: The load is manually switched on using an external switch. When the area is no longer occupied(as sensed by the MWS3APRM absence detector, the load will automatically switch off after the adjustable time period has elapsed. Pressing the switch again during occupancy override the lights off (after the detection time period has elapsed it will revert to automatic operation).
In both modes of operation of the CP Electronics MWS3APRM presence/absence detector, a short button press turns the load on whilst a long button press turns the load off.
An integral infra-red sensor in the unit allows the unit to be programmed using the optional DD-LCDHS programming handset. This gives complete flexibility over many of the operating parameters. Without the handset, manual adjustments can be made to the sensitivity, lux and time settings using controls accessible behind the lens. The UHS user handset can be used to change output lux levels and override the lights on or off.
CP Electronics MWS3A-PRM Microwave Detector – Features
- Load: 10A of lighting and or ventilation including incandescent, fluorescent, compact fluorescent, low voltage (switch primary of transformer).
- Supply Voltage: 220-240 Volts AC 50 Hz
- Time out period: Adjustable 10 seconds to 99 minutes
- Light Level: Light to dark
- Terminal Capacity: 2.5mm2
- Material: Flame retardant ABS
- Class 2 electrical rated;
- Temperature: -10°C to 35°C
- Safety: The microwave radiation emitted by these units is exteremely low power. At a distance of > 50mm the power density is <6% of the ANSI IEEE C95.1 –1991 recommended microwave power density. At a distance of 5mm from the unit it is <84% of recommended power density.
- Standards conformity: EMC-89/336/EEC, LVD-73/23/EEC
- Full technical specs for the MWS3APRM microwave detector(pdf file);
- Buy online the CP Electronics MWS3A-PRM microwave presence / absence detector.
This CP Electronics device is a great energy saving solution for home and office use! Detecting both the presence and the absence detector and turning on the lights / ventilation / heating as desired – what else do you need? The technology used is one of the latest developments by CP Electronics – guaranteed, a great product according to the highest standards! Check it out online at SparksDirect – the CP Electronics MWS3A-PRM Microwave Presence / Absence detector, or check out the entire range of Presence / Occupancy Detectors(energy saving solutions).