The CP Electronics MWS1 series of microwave presence detector switches are designed to provide automatic control of lighting, heating or ventilation loads. The microwave presence detectors from CP Electronics provide automatic control of lighting, heating and ventilation. With detection ranges up to 30 metres, microwave detectors are ideal for controlling appliances over large areas. The products have no external lenses making them unobtrusive and vandal resistant. A major benefit with the microwave sensors in this range is that no external control boxes are required, making the units easy to install and cost effective.
The MWS1 microwave presence detector in particular detects movement using a highly sensitive microwave detector. The CP Electronics MWS1/C models have been designed to be an easy to fit cost effective microwave detector solution. The sensitivity of the CP Electronics MWS1/C gives a full 10 metre (at 2.8m height) detection range, which means that any blind spots are easily covered. This microwave presence detector mounts directly on to a standard single gang switch box. It has no external lenses giving the unit the appearance of a standard accessory blank plate. This works by emitting low power microwave signals and measuring the reflections as the signals bounce of moving objects.
The CP Electronics MWS1 wall Presence Detector with Microwave sensor is optimised for wall mounting applications to give detection over long distances. When movement is detected the load is turned on. When an area is no longer occupied the load will switch off after an adjustable time out period. An optional internal light sensor provides additional energy saving in lighting applications (MWS1/LUX). When an area is occupied lighting is only switched on when the level of natural light is below a preset level.
CP Electronics MWS1 Microwave Wall Presence Detector Main Features
- Wall mounted presence detector – energy saving device;
- Sensor used: microwave wall presence detector;
- Loads taken: 10A of lighting and or ventilation including incandescent, fluorescent, compact fluorescent, low voltage (switch primary of transformer);
- Supply Voltage: 220-240 Volts AC 50 Hz;
- Time out period: Adjustable 15 seconds to 30 minutes;
- No external lenses, vandal resistant;
- The MSW1 Microwave Wall Presence Detector is without lux level sensing;
- Adjustable time delay, holds load on until occupant is no longer detected;
- Self contained unit, no external control boxes, minimises installation time;
- Voltage free contact option, suitable for BMS and control applications;
- Light Level: Optional adjustment by thumbwheel light to dark;
- Fixing Method: Surface fixing 25mm deep plastic surface mount moulded box. Flush fixing 25mm steel wall box or 32mm deep cavity wall box;
- Terminal Capacity: 4.0mm2;
- Material: Flame retardant ABS;
- Class 2 electrical rated;
- Temperature: -10°C to 35°C;
- More technical details about this presence detector;
- Buy online the CP Electronics MWS1 Microwave Presence Detector(wall presence detector).
Microwave Presence Detector Safety: The microwave radiation emitted by these units is extremely low power. At a distance of > 50mm the power density is <6% of the ANSI IEEE C95.1 –1991 recommended microwave power density. At a distance of 5mm from the unit it is <84% of recommended power density.
Similar Microwave Presence detectors introduced via our blogs + where you can find them online:
- The Vitesse Modular Lighting Distribution System, modular systems from CP Electronics;
- Introducing the CP Electronics MWS6-PRM Low Profile Microwave Presence and Absence Detector;
- Introducing the CP Electronics EBDSPIR-HB-PRM Ceiling Presence Detector with Lux Level Adjustment;
- Introducing the CP Electronics MWS3A-PRM Adjustable Microwave Presence and Absence Detector;
- Energy Saving devices – switches, detector, PIR and microwave devices.