In this article we would like to introduce Rafiki TwinFlex: The Twinflex conventional fire alarm system incorporating the Multipoint combined smoke and heat detector with built in sounder means the whole system can be installed using only one pair of wires.
The Multipoint Detector – Twinflex
Using the Multipoint detector as part of the Twinflex 2-wire fire alarm system means that when a detector is wired in, a sounder is wired in too – with no extra wiring, therefore greatly reducing the number of points that need to be installed and the time it takes to install them.
As the Multipoint offers 7 different modes of detection, the installation is made even simpler as this one device suits all applications. Whatever type of detection is required, for any part of the installation it can be selected by the flick of a switch at the time of commissioning. Any one of 3 different smoke modes, 2 fixed temperature heat modes, a rate of rise mode and a combination smoke or heat mode can be selected.
As the Twinflex Multipoint detector is available with or without a full specification 90 dB(A) sounder (for only a marginal cost difference) no extra devices need to be purchased when audible warning is required. (Meets audibility levels recommended in BS5839 Part 1:1988). Twinflex Manual Call Points can be run on the same pair of wires as detectors. Both detectors and Manual Call Points have a built in EOL switch so that any device may be set as the end of line monitor. The panel can also differentiate between a Manual Call Point and a Detector alarm.
If extra sound is required, or for areas that do not require detection, then the Twinflex Hatari sounder may be used on the same two wires, offering sound output of 100dB(A). It also has a built in EOL monitoring switch.
The panel can accommodate up to 32 devices per zone, has separate fault monitoring displays for each zone, and a one man walk test facility. Zones are configured without the need to use resistors or capacitors on unused zones.
The Rafiki TwinFlex – features
- Two wire installation – only one circuit per zone to connect detectors and sounders – installation savings can be as high as 40%
- Break glass identification. The panel has the ability to differentiate between call point or detector alarms.
- Built in end of line device. All devices, including detectors, manual call points and sounders have a built in end of line monitoring function. Simply flicking a switch within any device will enable end of line monitoring. No resistors or extra circuits are required.
- No base diode requirement.
- Seven modes of detection.
- System fully complies to BS and EN.
- 32 devices per zone.
- Easy to install – no need to worry about marking “in’s” and “out’s”.
- Available in 2, 4 & 8 zone panels.
- 72 hour standby.
- All panels have 1 auxiliary sounder circuit (500mA).
- 8 and 16 zone repeater panels available.
- Input & Output modules available for plant shutdown, door release, etc.
- Savings in cable costs.
- Savings in installation costs.
- Multipoint Detector/Sounder saves the cost of a sounder.
Rafiki Twinflex – Technical specifications
- Battery: 2/4 zone – 2 x 12v 2.1Ah, 8 zone – 2 x 12v 3.3Ah
- Panel Dimensions (WxHxD): 2/4 zone – 310 x 243 x 85 mm, 8 zone – 315 x 400 x 90 mm
- Panel Construction: 2/4 zone – fire retardant plastic, 8 zone – mild steel
- Mains Voltage: 230 volts AC +10% -15% 50Hz
- Operating Voltage: 24 volts DC
- Rafiki Twinflex Hatari Sounder, White sounder;
- Rafiki Twinflex Multipoint Combined Detector and Sounder;
- Rafiki Twinflex Manual Call Point with Sounder;
- 2 Zone Twinflex PLUS Fire Alarm Control Panel;
- 8 Zone Twinflex PLUS Fire Alarm Control Panel Rafiki;