The Aico Ei140 range of Mains Powered Alarms with Alkaline battery back-up is fully introduced via the fire-detect website and also as “the contractor range, mains powered Aico Ei140” and “radioLINK communication in the case of the Aico Ei140 fire alarms“(via the Fire Alarms articles database). These optical / heat / ionisation alarms can be interconnected via either hard-wiring(in the case of the new build properties) or via wireless connection, the RadioLINK(in the case of the private properties or the places where people don’t want to touch/dig in the walls for installing the fire alarms). This range of Domestic Fire Alarms is both mains powered and with an Alkaline 9V battery back-up, and each has a test/hush button incorporated. Ideal for the new build and private properties, the Aico Ei140 range also comes with a 5 year guarantee.
Before we deal with the types of the interconnection between the Aico Ei140 Alarms, let’s find out more specific and useful info about each of the alarms composing this range.
- This alarm is more responsive to smouldering fires(sofas, TVs);
- It has a proven optical sensor with insect screen to reduce false alarms;
- The Aico Ei146 is ideal for the new build and private properties;
- This alarm is Third Party Accredited by BSI(BS EN14604:2005; KM 522831);
- Can be installed in the hallway, in the landing area, or in the living room.
- This alarm responds to heat build-up from large flaming fires;
- The Aico Ei144 is ideal for the new build and private properties;
- The heat sensor in this alarm triggers at 58 degrees Celsius;
- Can be hard-wired or connected by RadioLINK;
- It is Third Party Accredited by BSI(BS 5446-2:2003, KM83678);
- Can be installed in the kitchen or in the garage.
- Buy online the Aico Ei144 heat alarm.
- This alarm is more responsive to flaming fires(papers, clothing);
- The Aico Ei141 has a proven long life ionisation sensor;
- It is Third Party Accredited by BSI(BS EN 14604:2005, KM522831);
- The Aico Ei141 is ideal for the new build and private properties;
- Can be installed in the bedroom.
For the Aico Ei140 series to be hard-wire interconnected you will need:
- Relay Base – the Aico Ei128R(fits under the alarms, has volt-free relay contacts; also available as the Aico Ei128RBU with battery back-up);
- Alarm Locator switch – the Aico Ei159(identifies the triggered alarm; can be wired anywhere in the system);
- Switched input module – the Aico Ei129(connects to the switched contacts, and triggers the alarms when contacts are close);
- Optional Alarm for Hard of Hearing – the Aico Ei169/160(mains alarm with battery back-up, flashing strobe, vibrating pad for pillows);
- Optional CO alarm – the Aico Ei261ENRC(Mains alarm with rechargeable back-up, can interconnect with the smoke alarms, and must use an Aico Ei1529RC switch);
- Call point – the Aico MCP401RC(no replacing glass, reset with key, can be wired anywhere in the system);
The Wireless Interconnection is achieved with a RadioLINK base under each alarm – the Aico Ei168RC Base. For the Aico Ei140 series to be connected via the RadioLINK base – wireless interconnection – you will need:
- Relay Module – the Aico Ei428(mains with rechargeable back-up, volt-free relay contacts, the Aico Ei428SK is pre-wired for Warden Call);
- Call point – the Aico Ei407(no replacing glass, completely wireless, battery powered – up to 10year life);
- Switched input module – the Aico Ei408(connect to switched contacts, triggers alarms when contacts are close);
- Repeater module – the Aico Ei420(mains powered, repeats the RF signals, extends range);
- Optional Alarm for Hard of Hearing – the Aico Ei170RF(mains with battery back-up, flashing strobe, vibrating pad for pillows);
- Optional Strobe for Hard of Hearing – the Aico Ei171RF(mains with battery back-up, flashing strobe only, for daytime rooms);.
The purpose of this article is to present what are the main features of the Aico Ei140 series(ideal for private or new build properties) and how they can be interconnected to form a fire alarm system to protect your home. To purchase the Aico Ei140 range, visit the Aico Ei146, Aico Ei144, and Aico Ei141.