There are many things to know about the Lights at Sparks – their IP rating and what IP rating is, tips concerning electrical safety, what do the Building Regulations say concerning wiring and installing lights, types of lighting, obtaining better lighting etc. Also, we are periodically announcing promotions and reduced prices for the lights and the lighting fixtures on our website, we are announcing new ranges, etc. Below is a small compilation of such Tips on IP Rating, Electrical Safety, and Promotions for Lights at Sparks, as part of the Articles About Lights series.
- New Lights at Sparks and Lights:
– recent new light fittings via the dedicated newlights blog;
– new cool lights at SparksDirect, 12 new indoor/outdoor lights;
– 4 of the newest cool lights – Wall Lamp, ceiling lights, a table lamp;
– 4 awesome Firstlight Bathroom Lights, Lamps Pictures article;
– New LED Lights: the Niimi Mirror Light & the Tosca Swing Arm Light;
– indoor and outdoor lights, new lamps via the newlights blog;
– New Outdoor and Indoor Lights via Sparks and Lights;
– Pictures of Lights and Lamps at Sparks Electrical, six popular articles;
– How Do Fireflies Inspire a Cheaper and More Efficient LED Design?
– Tiny Design: Compact Electrical Items and Light Fittings for Small Spaces
– About LED Lifespan: How Long will Your New LED Lightbulb Last?
– Guide to Lighting Your Shopfront to Attract More Christmas Shoppers
– Christmas and Winter Lighting Tips: Light Up, Stay Safe, Save Energy!
- IP rating, IP Zoning, Bathroom Lights
– Useful to know: Info about the IP rating, the 17th edition, standards;
– the Building Regulations 2000, L1A / L1B Compliance – What does it mean?
– IP rating and IP zoning for bathrooms; IP zoning in the bathrooms;
– What is IP Zoning? Update on IP rating & IP zoning: zone 0, 1, and 2!
– How Do We Know if an Electrical Item is Protected Against Water or Dust?
– IP – index of protection (against solid objects or against liquids);
– The Astro Guide to Bathroom Lighting – Plan your bathroom lights!
– Guide to Bathroom Lighting, the fittings for General Lighting;
– The Task Lights from Astro Lights – Bathroom Illuminated Mirrors;
– The Bathroom Wall Lights (IP rated task lights), Astro Bathroom guide;
– The magnifying mirror (task light) and the LED lights (mood lighting);
– How Does the No-Budget “Bottle Lamp” Work? Exploiting Refraction for Fun!
- Promotions and Cheaper Light Fittings
– Advice for buying cheaper ceiling and wall lights: pay less!
– The difference between the Clearance Lights and the Ex-Display Lights;
– Some of the “most wanted” lights, electrical items, switches at sparks;
– Top 3 Most Popular New Lights articles in 2011 – best lights at Sparks;
– Tips/Promo: 13 amazing lights for £8 each: clearance lights for less money!
- Energy Saving Lights at Sparks
– Sparks Electrical on BBC News via, EU bans production of 60 watt bulbs!
– Why Are the Energy Saving Light Bulbs costing us more?
– Sparks Direct Tips: Bring your Bathroom into the 21st Century;
– Dimmable 7W GU10 LED lamp – energy saving warm / cool white;
– Tips: About the LED technology, the features, benefits, and applications;
– The LEDs explained: LED types, LED power supply, and standard references
– LED Lighting and Advanced Controls to be Subsidised in the “Green Deal”
– Lighting in the Time of Societal Collapse: A Strange Bit of LED History
– Westminster and Sheffield Switch to LED “Smart Streetlights”
- Tips and Advice about the Lights at Sparks
– Decorate your living room with the most elegant light fittings;
– Hello Miss K! How are you, Mr. Park Lane? Not looking bad yourself, Flos Pochette!
– Nemo Designer Collection: A Wall Light, A Table Lamp, and A Pendant light;
– types of downlighters and tips for installing new downlighters;
– reflector types and checking your existing downlighters;
– Tips: Modernize your ceiling in a cost-effective way – use replacement lights!
– Tips: The GU10 downlight converter – deal with the larger cutout holes;
– Top Tips for the Perfect Bathroom – Five Tips for improving your bathroom;
– Low Voltage Toroidal transformers for interior applications;
– How to Avoid 17 Common Winter Heating and Lighting Mistakes;
– The UK’s Energy Bill: Will a ‘Four Core Tariff’ Approach Benefit Consumers?
– Quick Tips for Lighting a Bar Area: Pendants and Accent Lighting
– The Effect of Office Lighting on Eye Strain, and How to Reduce the Symptoms
– What We Know About Fabbian’s Mysterious New Lighting Design
- Electrical Safety
– Tips: Avoid potential electrical hazards (use NICEIC-registered electrician)!
– Tips: Rules for electrical safety in the home (read before any electrical work)!
– Tips: Part P: protecting the homeowners & reducing the risk of electric shock;
– Tips: Working safely with and around electricity on construction sites;
– Tips: Bathroom safety – simple rules for avoiding electricity related dangers;
– Tips: Electrical Safety Council advice for Downlighter Safety;
– Tips: Turn your bathroom into a safe sanctuary, bathroom electrical datasheet;
– Tips: Bathroom – safe sanctuary – the shower, the heating, the bathroom luxuries;
– Tips for you Electrical Safety Outdoors, Avoid Electrical Accidents in the Gardens;
– Tips: Outdoor Electricity installation, some safety tips for luminaires, and cables;
– Tips: Short Lighting Guide – Planning the siting of your light fittings;
– Tips: Part M of the Building Regulations – are you Part M compliant or complacent?
– Tips: How to Use the Wall Lights to Create your Household’s Desired Atmosphere?
– Tips: Be Smart and Sensible and save yourself some money in 2011!
– Tips: The Aico AFF10915 Fire Cone Hood, Aico fire sock – Intumescent firehood;
– Christmas Electrical Safety Tips – being safe while lighting up the Christmas lights!