The CP Electronics MRT16-WP and the CP Electronics MRT16-WP/TN are two touch activated weatherproof timers. The MRT16-WP time delay switch is operated by pressing the tamperproof touch sensitive pad on the front of the switch. The unit is mounted in a durable IP66 enclosure and is designed for outdoor use or where moisture is present. Ideally suited for outdoor heaters and outdoor spas. The CP Electronics MRT16-WP/TN time delay switch has a temporary neon indicator to show when the timer is running.
The CP Electronics MRT16 series of time delay switches are designed to provide timed control of lighting, heating or ventilation loads. Using touch (light press required) activation the user can switch on a load for a preset time period and have the load turn off automatically after the time period has elapsed. Multiple timing ranges come as standard to allow the time out period to be set accurately. Time setting is achieved using switches and a thumb-wheel at the rear of the unit. Similar models also introduced via our blog are:
- The CP Electronics 320A Remote Activated Timer, MRT16-REM Time Delay Switch;
- The CP Electronics MRT16-PB Push Time Lag switch for heating, lighting&ventilation;
- The CP Electronics MRT16-PC Pull Cord multi-range Time Delay Switch;
CP Electronics MRT16-WP Time Delay Switch – modes of operation
- On/off: triggering the timer will turn on the load and start the timing. Triggering the timer again during timing will immediately turn off the load and stop the timing.
- Resetting: triggering the timer will turn on the load and start the timing. Triggering the timer again during timing will re-start the timing period from scratch. When using an external trigger In this mode, the timer will not start until the trigger is removed making it ideal for pump or fan overrun applications.
- Non-resetting: triggering the timer will turn on the load and start the timing. Triggering the timer again during timing will have no affect. Optional neon indicators provide permanent illumination or illumination during the timing period.
MRT16-WP IP66 rated time delay switch – Technical Specification
- Touch activated timer with IP66 rating;
- Waterproof time delay switch;
- Load taken:
– 16 Amp resistive load;
– 10 Amp incandescent lighting;
– 6 Amp fluorescent lighting;
– 3 Amp compact fluorescent lighting;
– 3 Amp low energy lighting;
– 3 Amp low voltage lighting (switch primary of transformer);
– Fluorescent lighting (max 6 fittings recommended);
– For fluorescent lighting total power factor correction capacitance must not exceed 40 F;
– 3 Amp fans and ventilation equipment;
– Switch SON lighting loads via a contactor;
- Supply Voltage: 220-240 Volts AC 50 Hz;
- Timing Period: Adjustable 1 second to 2 hours in ranges;
- Terminal capacity: 4.0mm2;
- IP rating: IP66(waterproof switch);
- Full Technical Specs(pdf file);
- Material: Polystyrene;
- Electrical rating: Class 2;
- Temperature: -10°C to 35°C;
- Conforms with: EMC-89/336/EEC, LVD-73/23/EEC;
- Buy online the MRT16-WP weather-proof time delay switch.
The CP Electronics MRT16WP Time Delay Switch – Wiring Diagrams
The MRT16 range of Energy Saving Devices from CP Electronics is available for purchase via SparksDirect.co.uk – at the Time Delay Switches: see the CP Electronics MRT16-PC(Pull Cord Timer, Time Lag, For Heat or Light; Time Delay Switch), the CP Electronics MRT16-PB(Push Time Lag switch for heat, light, ventilation), and the CP Electronics MRT16-WP(IP66 16A Multi Range Waterproof Timer delay switch).