Every website – no matter what they sell, post, or offer – wants some sort of a user engagement. Some want you to subscribe to their newsletter, others want you to register for their service, others want you to buy electrical items online (hint!), and so on.
No matter what anyone sells or writes about online, they all want the visitors / users / customers to give them some sort of feedback. The more feedback they get, the more the users are engaged with the website and the writers, the better the service can become (Facebook being an exception, of course).
Adam Sherk also has a good article about this “blog spam” that’s so intelligent…
A Different Level of User Engagement
When it comes to a particular kind of people / marketers / SEO companies though, this user engagement is taken to a different level. Without even asking them how do they feel about your website, they leave comments on the blog showing their full appreciation for what you write, the layout, the design, etc.
This level of user engagement is something that everyone wants to be real, but it is not. Just as internet is virtual, so these comments are virtual. This is nothing like the “Ask us a Question” or “Report Lower Price” functions on our new website (see here for example).
More Blog Comment Spam
Oh, that they would be real! Most people online would give an arm and a leg to get such genuine appreciations and engagement with the users!
- Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!
- My developer is trying to convince me to move to .NET from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he’s trying none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on a variety of websites for about a year and i am anxious about switching to an alternative platform.
- I’m not sure exactly why but this blog is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end? I’ll check back later and see if the problem still exists.
- Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any suggestions?
- I think this is a powerfull blog with much interesting blogposts about this stuff. And i just wanna thank you for this. I’ll follow your blog to see if you post more stuff like these!
- Hello, I enjoy reading through your article. I like to write a little comment to support you.
- Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!
- It’s the best time to make a few plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I may I want to recommend you few attention-grabbing things or suggestions. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it!
- Spot on with this write-up, I honestly think this amazing site needs much more attention. I’ll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for the advice!
- I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.
- Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog? My website is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my users would definitely benefit from some of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this ok with you. Appreciate it!
- I do agree with all of that the ideas you have introduced for the post. That they’re very convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, that the posts have been very brief for newbies. May you please lengthen them a small from subsequent time? Thank you for that the post.
- Howdy! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to take a look. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Fantastic blog and fantastic design.
- Heya this is kinda of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any suggestions?
- Great goods from you, man. I’ve be mindful your stuff prior to and you’re just too fantastic. I actually like what you have received right here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which wherein you assert it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to stay it wise. I cant wait to learn much more from you. This is really a great website.
- Wow, incredible blog structure! How lengthy have you ever been running a blog for? you made running a blog glance easy. The full look of your web site is wonderful, as well as the content!
- Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the images on this blog loading? I’m trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.
- Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any points for newbie blog writers? I’d definitely appreciate it.
Why So Much Spam?
Why is there so much spam online? Akismet catches most of the spam blog comments (on the wordpress platform) so that keeps things a bit safer.
But still, why do people still try? Is it because of the Google Panda update? Are people so desperate to gain genuine blog links (instead of link directories juice) to their website? What do you think?